Children’s Group Work Programs
We offer group work programs especially designed for young and school aged children!
Our children’s group work programs help build self esteem, resilience, empathy, communication and problem solving skills and create a positive sense of Self.
Children learn self regulation skills and relaxation techniques to promote their mental health and well being.
Parents and carers are involved in understanding the potential value of these strategies and we support them to be incorporated within the home setting. Calmer children, calmer parents! Ahh!
We consider this helps the child/ren to generalise the skills and support proactive self care at home. Many parents and carers really enjoy the relaxation techniques too!
The groups we will be offering in 2017 include:
- Birdwing’s Focused Kids School Holiday Full Day Program (8 to 11 years)
This program builds on emotional literacy, empathy, resilience and social and friendship skills.
- Week Two of upcoming school holidays 9am to 3pm! $150 per child, limited spaces, book soon!
- Birdwing’s Evodia Tree Program (6-8 years)
- Designed for children who have had family issues and loss and assists with adjustment, acceptance and build on children’s resilience and communication skills. Our registrations are now open for Term Three 2017.
- Fees for 6 week programs are: $325.
- Full payment is required prior to the commencement of the six week program.
- Where applicable a Medicare rebate of approximately $21 per session applies and may be refunded at the end of the program.